Saturday 27 February 2016

Evaluation Question 7: Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

This video shows me reflecting on my preliminary task and how I have developed and progressed since making it.


When I completed my preliminary task I had very little experience in filming, editing and really anything to do with media. Since then I have definitely learnt a lot and have progressed throughout the course up until the production of my finished product.
At the beginning of the course I worked in a small group with two other members of my class. This allowed us to share our knowledge and learn from one another.
After this I began completing some individual tasks, which were called introduction activities. This allowed me to practice the skills that I needed to learn in order to create my final piece.
During this I learnt about the used of sound and how to construct oral diagrams. I did an investigation into narrative theories and the key elements of the genre that I chose to base my film on.
I also completed a lot of audience research and studied other movies that I wanted my film to appear artistically similar to. I also learnt about how there are key shots in a film and the importance on having variation.
I completed a textual analysis on the opening of ‘Napoleon Dynamite’ as I wanted to use the opening sequence for inspiration.
So since the preliminary task my knowledge and understanding of filming and editing has significantly increased. This made it easier for me to understand how to create my final piece.
When looking back at my preliminary task my transition between shots were not smooth and this is something I believe I have significantly improved in my final film.
Also since we filmed the preliminary task in the library when other people were there we gained significant background noise. This is why I chose to film my final piece in a quiet and isolated location.
I also didn’t know how to control level volumes and so some of my preliminary task was hard to hear. For my final film I improved this and made sure that I got my sound at the levels I desired.
For the final shot of my preliminary task I put it in slow motion, which is cheesy and unprofessional. I steered away from changing the speeds up in my final film.

Over all I believe that I learnt a lot from filming and editing my preliminary task that has allowed me to make my final film better.

No comments:

Post a Comment